Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Welcome!

             My name is Lindsay and I am 29 years old.  The more technology grows the more aware an individual is of what is going around them.  Today everything has changed since I was a child.  The weather, food manufacturing, companies like Monsanto ruining the environment, eco-systems and food supplies, the lack of concern that we as a majority seem to take and not give it a second thought.  Lately I have been very interested in green living in general.  Re-using materials, gardening, recycling, eating healthy and even exercising are all things I want or need in my life.

            Growing up I was an extremely active child.  I was in gymnastics, I was a competitive swimmer and I even took dance (tap, jazz and ballet) for almost ten years.  Along the way the activities stopped and life began.  I used to exercise everyday and up until last week I had stopped exercising all together.  The most difficult task I am facing is eating healthy.  I love food! I love meat, cheese, pasta and milk.  For the last year or so I have been acutely aware of the disgusting standards of food today.  The problem is that organic food is expensive, I mean really expensive, at least here in Montreal Quebec.  This is why I have put off giving up many of the things I love so much.

             I have decided to write down my experiences going through eating healthy and changing my life style.  Unfortunately for me almost all the meat is going to be counted out except any organic/grass fed- non medicated meat.  It is going to be very expensive or force me to take the next step of becoming a vegetarian or adopting seafood.

             I am very picky and have never liked seafood or even many vegetables which is surprising as I am from Nova Scotia (some of the best seafood in the world).  I am planning on trying everything again to see if I really don't like it, or was I just being difficult as a child.

            This blog is going to be a place where I share recipes, decorating/ re-purposing ideas, gardening tips and exercise ideas.  It is going to be a very long and difficult journey to re-arrange my entire life.  Yet I am up for the challenge.  I promise that the recipes will be delicious, as in order to get me to stop eating meat and byproducts it would have to be amazing.  I will be sharing decorating ideas that are fresh, new and helping the environment.  Exercise routines can become boring and ineffective so I will try to post a new weekly workout challenge.  Overall I just want to share how easy or difficult it will really be.  I hope to hear from you and encourage recipe and idea sharing!

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment