Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Instant Energy Yoga In Less Than Ten Minutes!

I found this amazing article in a Natural Health magazine and it really does work.  I used to love to work out.  Now, not so much! In my efforts to become healthy I found that doing these easy yoga positions really does wake me up.  They take about five minutes to complete and I am left wanting to exercise.  The want for exercise would not have appeared without these quick and easy moves.

Cat/ Cow Position
Keep head up arch and curl (as seen above) 10 times each.
Cat position exhale - Curl position inhale

More positions after the break.


Now I must say you can find the article (here: http://www.naturalhealthmag.com/fitness/instant-energy)
However I have made it so the exercises appear all on one page with the instructions.   

Downward -Facing Dog
keep head and arms aligned, press heels to the floor.
Hold for 3-10 breaths.

High Lunge
keep bent knee over ankle.  Keep other leg completely straight. Lift arms.  Hold 3-8 breaths.



Warrior II.
front fot facing forward, back foot to the side.  Square up body, arms out to the side, keep head facing forward.  Hold for 3-8 breaths.

Plank.
form straight line from head to toe.  Pull up abs stretch out neck.  Hold for 5 breaths.

Bridge
Lay on floor.  Lift hips with abs.  Place arms under body as seen above.  Hold for 3-8 breaths.



Lying Twist
Lay on floor. Put both legs together and turn to one side.  Stretch arms out to your side.  Turn head to the opposite direction of your legs. Hold for 3 breaths and then switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment